About Robert Moskal
For nearly 20 years I've been the driving force behind a great variety and quantity of software built for both the market and internal audiences. I excel at matching technical means with business ends to build innovative and stable applications that can evolve with changing opportunities and circumstances. I have a superb record of delivering projects on time and on budget, a roster of delighted clients, and deep ties to the development community.
As a Developer
As a Consultant
My consulting work is deeply rooted in what I learn shipping 2-3 applications EVERY year.
I work effectively with founders and other stakeholders to hone product vision and with engineering teams to execute quickly. In large institutions I drive the development process by building consensus across organizational boundaries.
Look to me for:
- Architecture Assessment and Remediation
- Finding the best way to get from idea to working software, or from version x to version y: adding new features, increasing performance and reliability while lowering technical debt and putting future development on firm footing.
- RFP Preparation and Vendor Selection
- I'll collaborate with you to craft Requests for Proposals that ensure vendor responses are accurately budgeted and scoped. I can be a great help in making apple to apple comparisons among responses and selecting the best vendor for your project.
- Source Code and Release Management
- DevOps, continuous integration, PAAS deployments, and "12 Factor Applications" aren't just buzz-words. Let me help you take advantage of tools and techniques that can transform tiny startups into internet giants on a shoe-string and greatly improve the productivity and efficiency of organizations of every size.
- Vendor Management
- Outsourcing development, especially overseas, may reduce costs. I guide clients in navigating the unique challenges of managing such engagements.